Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Minnesota Wedding

PHOTOGRAPHY

It had been five years. I felt a little rusty, but was really excited to try it again.  We were rushing home from work all in hopes to get on the road to the airport and miss rush-hour traffic. Well, we did it. We definitely missed it. In fact, we sailed through the carpool lane and arrived at Seattle INTL. airport with 2 hours until boarding (that never happens). So we made it fun, with Starbucks and chatting.

Joey was the best man in our good friend's wedding, being held in Minneapolis MN. And I was their wedding photographer.

We arrived with lightning and pouring rain right outside our airplane window. I was glad it was not a sign of things to come. sunshine 80 degree weather was greatly appreciated by us Washington folk!

The wedding week was a blast! Seeing so many old friends, and hangin' out with the awesome bride and groom...

I personally loved popping in at the two houses holding all the bridal party as they got ready for the big day just 10 minutes away from each other. After chauffeuring the stunning bride to the pre-wedding photo location, we snapped some awesome shots in a whimsical forest, and found the bridge in which we would wait for her groom.

I cannot tell you how much I LOVE "First Looks"!!  If I only needed one reason to photograph a wedding, then photographing a "First Look" would be it.

Bryan and Rachel are an incredible couple, whose hearts are steadfast in following the Lord and loving each other. They were so chill I was amazed. I watched as they both interacted with all their friends and family at their rehearsal and groom's dinner, and appeared to be SO relaxed it rubbed off on everyone..  They truly wanted to enjoy their day and allow everyone else the joy of a stress-free wedding-- (Well they scored on that one!)

Their wedding was full of fun surprises... From Chuck Taylor's for all the wedding party, an open mic for guests to sing songs with lyrics including "kiss" in them, to cutting the cake with a sword, it truly was a memorable day for all.



Rachel, you are a stunning bride. Your carefree and sweet spirit are infectious.  


Bryan, you rocked the tux!











 They're so fun together!








I love the color choices! Awesome. 



Bryan & Rachel, I am honored that you would ask me to be a part of your most special day. I wish you all the best!!  (Ahh, You're MARRIED!!!)





3 comments:

  1. Joelle! Thank you so much for being our photographer! Being a perfectionist makes me really uneasy when I have to let someone else hold the camera and take MY picture! But you and your awesome attitude throughout the whole process, from planning to shooting, made it all easy and allowed me that freedom to relax and enjoy a relatively stress free & fun wedding knowing there would be great pictures to look back at. This is one of the best wedding gifts we could've asked for! Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!
    Thank you SO much!
    ~ Bryan =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! You're so talented, Joelle. And the scenery is so nice, I love Minnesota!

    (This is Margaret Selin by the way. I have no other profile to comment under. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Margaret! Yeah, this park in Minnesota was so beautiful! loved it!

    ReplyDelete